Sunday, September 28, 2014

Nostalgic Momments


I am feeling very nostalgic this afternoon. I know that I often talk about the old vintage styles like my grandma wore and how these styles are starting to come back.  I love this because all those old clothes that I got from her after she passed away are precious memories of her that I wouldn’t give all the money in the world for. Because these styles are coming back, I can now take some of her old clothes and with a little tweaking, enhance my closet with beautiful new pieces that I can wear and not only look stylish in but also feel close to my grandma through the sweet memories of childhood that the clothing brings back to mind. These are clothes that at one point in my life I thought I would never ever wear anything that even looked close to it because they weren’t “cool” clothes; however, now that I am older and these styles are coming back I realize that she wasn’t as out of style as I once thought.  One day I hope to carry a line of clothing in my store that will replicate the clothing that my grandma wore throughout my childhood and in that way always keep her memory alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment